Monday, August 25, 2014

Fire Clean Update 8/25/14

So, I have treated my Glock 19 as well as a couple AR15's with Fire Clean and I have to say it does work wonders on carbon.  I still use a bore cleaner (I like MPro-7 or Otis brand), though.  I went shooting today and shot quite a bit.  Speer Lawman 124gr 9mm.  Here are some photos:


Just disassembled the weapon and yes that is a bit of carbon.

I see carbon.  Also, I can see where the bullet nose hits the feed ramp on chambering

This is after wiping with a paper towel.  No brushes yet.  You can see it did a good job just with wiping.  I did later use a brush and Q-tips to clean the deeper nooks.

Again, lots of carbon.

And, again, just wiping it off with a paper towel.

Now, this is not to say that all you need to do is wipe it down and you're good.  I still needed to use Q-tips and a nylon brush to clean the slide and frame, but it took 1/4 of the time to do so since the carbon just wiped away.

Supposedly it treats the surfaces making subsequent cleanings easier.  Time will tell.

Train hard and train often.



No comments:

Post a Comment